Once you have gotten your teeth and gums into the best condition possible, it is the ideal time to consider the cosmetic conditions. As an example, are your perfectly healthy teeth as white and sparkling as they can be? If not, a bit of teeth whitening could be the perfect finishing touch.
While you may not consider teeth whitening as beneficial, cosmetically as straightening or repairs, a cosmetic dentist would tell you to reconsider that stance. The team at Galligan & Villa Dental Studio in Staten Island, NY actually has five strong reasons they recommend to patients considering teeth whitening:
- You can still drink coffee, tea, or wine. This may sound silly, but when you use the most advanced kinds of teeth whitening, you can still enjoy the daily cups of coffee, the handfuls of berries, or the glasses of wine without stopping to worry about staining or re-staining.
- Overcoming aging. It is a simple fact of life that aging can cause your teeth to yellow, no matter what. The use of whitening procedures can overcome this issue, helping you to take years off of your appearance in addition to simply improving the looks of your smile.
- Reduce sensitivity. In the past, you could not even consider teeth whitening if you had sensitive teeth. Fortunately, the products we use in our office include desensitizing compounds that enable you to enjoy whitening without the unwanted side effects or issues.
- Dramatic differences. When you use the teeth whitening from a cosmetic dentist, you are going to see profound differences in the color of your teeth. The formulas they use are much more effective than anything available over the counter. Additionally, the professional application means better and more balanced results.
- Self-esteem. Few people are happy about discolored or stained teeth and their smile may be diminished by their knowledge of its appearance. Whitening will bolster confidence and encourage people to grin broadly. Knowing that your smile may be imperfect but white and sparkling enables you to just show the pearly whites.
As you can see, there are many reasons to consider teeth whitening. Whether you are done with restorative or general dentistry, or in the midst of it all, you will find that whitening is something to seriously consider. If you want to discuss this cosmetic option, please give us a call. You can reach us by calling us at (718) 984-7700. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly.