Top Advantages of Dental Crowns
Did you realize that general dentistry is another way of describing preventative dentistry? And preventative dentistry is the one thing that will help you keep your teeth and gums in optimal condition, cut down on the cost of dental care over the long-term, and eliminate discomfort from decay or other dental issues. Clearly, there are many reasons you should consider general dentistry. In fact, there are many reasons you should do a great deal more than just consider it! Drs. Galligan and Villa Dental Studio in Staten Island, NY offer a wide variety of dental treatment – including general dentistry.
The Five Biggest Reasons You Should Consider General Dentistry
- Cleanings – A major part of general or preventative dentistry are the once or twice annual cleanings that you receive when you visit. This is a huge step towards optimal oral health as it cleans the teeth, brightening them and protecting the enamel, but it also involves the removal of plaque and tartar. These are compounds that cause decay and gum disease, and if you get it eliminated, it also eliminates many threats.
- Exams – The other part of your once or twice annual general dentistry visits is the exam. We perform detailed exams that look for decay or disease, and we can even do screenings for oral cancer. We will check the alignment of your bite and help you to avoid any painful or harmful conditions that might develop if left unchecked or undetected.
- Treatment – The result of some annual visits is the need for treatment. This is typically a filling or even a root canal. These are never optional and are instead essential to your oral health and wellness. You can also discover any advanced treatments you might need, such as gum disease treatment, implants or even some cosmetic options.
- Habit – It has to be noted that one of the best reasons you should consider general dentistry is because you can make it a habit. If you brush and floss daily, it is a habit that rewards you with good oral health. If you make preventative care a habit, it is going to protect your teeth and gums over the long term and catch any issues before they develop into something major or something painful and costly.
- Cost Control – With the mention of cost (above), we need to also point out that one of the main reasons you should consider general dentistry is that it keeps costs under control. That quick filling is a lot less expensive than a root canal, extraction or implant. It is negligence that is expensive!
Contact Our Staten Island Dentist for General Dentistry
As your dentist in Staten Island, we encourage you to consider these five reasons you should consider general dentistry. If you have additional questions about the benefits of preventative dentistry, or about any of the other treatments mentioned here, give us a call at our Staten Island, NY office at 718-984-7700. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly. For more information, read our general dentistry FAQs, learn if you are a candidate, and explore the benefits of general dentistry.